Monday, October 5, 2009

Not Too Big to Fail (Part 1 of 3 - Ret Pally)

What is up, dogs! Here's a brief review of my previous toons that have attempted the 1 to 80 Hardcore achievement and failed miserably. Also presented are a gallery of my failed toon's mugshots, before they each met their untimely (and only) death, and subsequently were sold off for spare parts and deleted.

Victim the First: Fantsypants the Ret Pally, Earthen Ring US (RP)



Date of Death: Level 27

Place of Death: Blackfathom Deeps

Cause of Death:
Pulled 3 mobs in the upstairs/downstairs maze section of BFD, 2 of which were summoners. Thought before the pull: 'I'm not sure I can handle a 3-pack of runners. Eh, screw it, I'm going in.' Escape plan in case things went badly was stun, stun, stun, speed pot and run for the zone-in. Needless to say, I missed a runner mob with a stun, and he aggroed another pack. My escape plan was working to perfection until I hit that little part of the instance where you have to swim to get back to the zone-in that I had inconveniently forgotten about. When I hit the water and realized I wasn't going to make it, I started hearthing and got interrupted with about 1/2 second left on the cast timer before it would have fired off. I probably ground a millimiter of enamel off of my molars while the hearth cast bar was counting down. A bunch of Elite warlock guys beat me to death seconds later.

Result: Character deleted, broke my own personal loudness record for screaming the f-word.

No comments:

Post a Comment