Thursday, October 8, 2009

Not Too Big to Fail (Part 3 of 3 - Beastmastery Hunter)

What is up, dogs! Continuing the theme of toons that have attempted the 1 to 80 Hardcore achievement and failed miserably, before they each met their untimely (and only) death, and subsequently were sold off for spare parts and deleted.

Victim the Third: VinceOffer (pets - ShamWOW and SlapChop), BM Hunter, Staghelm US (PvE)



Date of Death: Level 20, shortly after giving some unsolicited RP advice to Rawrcast's own Hafrot, as seen in the screenshot above (yeah, I know that was a lot of links for 1 sentence, but they're all worth it).

Place of Death: Ragefire Chasm.

Cause of Death: I was rocking on this toon, and felt that the 3-in-1 hunter combination of a pet tank, a DPS hunter, AND a hunter pet healer (glyphed for improved mend pet), would be the solution to my hardcore quest woes. Sadly, about 15 minutes after the above screenshot, I pulled 3 low level Troggs. Thought before pull: 'This is gonna be so easy, I can probably go grab a beer while the fight is still going on.' As I was getting pet aggro on all of them, my screen hesitated. Odd, but not necessarily a problem. Then the game sounds started looping. As my screen totally froze, all i could hear was the first half-second of my bear ShamWOW's growl noise - 'Grrra...Grrra...Grrra...Grrra' being looped from my sound card. I facepalmed for a good 30 seconds, and before I looked up again, I knew what I would see. Say it with me, kids. You Have Been Disconnected From The Server. When I was able to log back in 3 minutes later, I was staring at the Spirit Healer.

Results: Character deleted. Face palmed. WoW account cancelled (until the following day. My willpower with regard to quitting this game for ever for serious is notably weak). Also, I learned that my crashes were being caused by the firewall program I had been using for the last 10 years but, surprise, hadn't been updated for Vista. Nerd Rage @ ZoneAlarm!

No comments:

Post a Comment