Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Not Too Big to Fail (Part 2 of 3 - Demonology Warlock)

What is up, dogs! Continuing the theme of toons that have attempted the 1 to 80 Hardcore achievement and failed miserably, before they each met their untimely (and only) death, and subsequently were sold off for spare parts and deleted.

Victim the Second: Stakhanov the Demonology Warlock, Windrunner US (PvE)


Date of Death: Level 21

Place of Death:
Fenris Isle, Silverpine Forest

Cause of Death:
Doing the quest to kill Thule in the keep on Fenris Isle. Thought before the quest was attempted: 'Yeah, it just went from orange to yellow in my questlog, but it's the only one I have left in Silverpine forest. I should be good.' Escape plan was similar, hit a haste pot and run like hell, and use the voidwalker shield as needed. After defeating a 2-pack of mobs that added a third right outside of Thule's room, I lifetapped a few times to get my mana back up before bandaging and pulling Thule. That's when I butt-pulled a pather that 1-shotted me at 5% health before my voidwalker could pick him up.

Results: Character deleted, frustrated at my inability to just grind mobs for 10 minutes to hit 1 more level and then do the quest when I would have overwhelmed it. Bitterness about cavalierly doing 95% of the damage necessary to kill me TO MYSELF.

No comments:

Post a Comment